skip to main content

Street Performance and BuskingWhakaari me te ngahau ā-tiriti noa

We love buskers in Central Hawke's Bay - they add vibrancy, colour and fun to our special part of the world. Read a little more about how you can get a permit to put on the performance of a lifetime to our community.

Info for Buskers

Buskers can bring great colour and life and they're welcome in our vibrant little District.

However, to entertain in public they do need the Council's permission. There may be times when it is necessary to withhold permission, for example when other activities are underway in the downtown area.

Buskers shouldn't create a nuisance by obstructing or harassing people or by making too much noise. Buskers should also seek permission from the owners or staff of shops in the area where they plan to entertain.

Buskers can be issued with a permit for a maximum of one month only, unless prior permission has been granted. 

Prospective buskers can come to the Waipawa Administration Office Building on Ruataniwha Street, Waipawa, to request a permit. Or simply fill in this online form!

Follow this link if the form fails to load. online form.

Central Hawke's Bay District Council - Copyright © 2024 Central Hawke's Bay District Council

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 857 8060 /