The Rates Rebate Scheme is a form of central government assistance targeted at giving low-income households a helping hand when paying their rates.
The amount of rebate you will qualify for will vary according to:
- the amount of your rates for the year
- Whether or not you support children or other dependents - and the number you support
- Your taxable income and any overseas income
To find out if you qualify for the scheme, call the Council on +06 857 8060 or email Council
When you do please have the following information ready:
- Your income before tax for the year ending 31 March
- The number of people you support
We will be able to tell you if you qualify for a rebate. The rebate will be credited to your rates account. Or, if you have already paid, you will receive a refund.
For more information, or to download an application form, please visit the Rates Rebate Scheme page of the Department of Internal Affairs or download and print the form at the bottom of the page.