What is Second-Hand Sunday?
It is sort of like a garage sale with no money involved. It’s a chance to give away items you no longer want and collect items you can use from others around Central Hawke's Bay for free, while helping the environment by reducing what goes into landfill!
Have you done a clear-out over the holiday break? Do you have items you’d like to give away? Or is there a household item you’re hoping to come by? Second-Hand Sunday is back!
Here is your opportunity to give away items you no longer have use for, or collect items from others around Central Hawke’s Bay, for free! This is all while helping the environment by reducing what is going to landfill.
The next event will take place:
Sunday 16 February from 9.00am - 1.00pm
Addresses of properties registered before 12.00pm Wednesday 5 February will be published on the Council website, in CHB Mail, and on flyers at the Council office and District Libraries.
Some tips for the day!
On the day:
• Display the ‘Collect Here’ poster on your fence or letterbox during the course of the morning, so people know that you are involved. This will have been sent to you with your welcome pack, or you can download one here.
• From 9.00am, put your items for collection out on your driveway or front lawn. Please note, items must be placed on your property – NOT on the footpath.
• The event will take place rain or shine. It is up to you whether you put your items out or not in the case of bad weather.
• Once everything has been picked up, display the red ‘All Gone’ poster. This will have been sent to you with your welcome pack, or you can download one here.
• Bring in any remaining items by 1.00pm and recycle those leftover items.
• Please do not put any food or dangerous goods out for collection. This includes but is not limited to faulty electrical equipment, chemicals or firearms.
• It is your responsibility to dispose of items leftover at the end of the day. Head over to the recycling webpage for ideas on how to recycle leftover items.
For more information and to register your address, please fill out the online form or you can download a form here. Please contact Themba Ncomanzi on 06 857 8060 or email email@example.com if you require any more information.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 857 8060 / firstname.lastname@example.org