skip to main content

Roading Questions

FAQs around roads, street lighting, judder bars, crossings, and more.

Roading Questions

Q. Who do I phone with regards to street lights not working?

  • Council +6 857 8060

Q. We need judder bars in our street. Someone is going to be injured if the Council does not slow the vehicle speed?

  • Traffic surveys show that excessive speed (in the top 85%) of vehicles is typical in most streets. If judder bars were installed in CHB streets then vehicle movements would be restricted to the point of being unacceptable.

Q. Can a pedestrian crossing be installed in our street?

  • Pedestrian crossings are required to meet a warrant based on the number of pedestrians and vehicles amongst other things. Crossings that do not meet the warrant have proven to be less safe than no crossing at all.

Q. What can Council do about the speed of vehicles?

  • Council is not the law enforcement agency. Council can only address the problem by installing signage and advance warnings.  If you see someone speeding you can call the police who are authorised to deal with speeding infractions.

Q. How can I get a RAPID Number for my property?


Central Hawke's Bay District Council - Copyright © 2020 Central Hawke's Bay District Council

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 857 8060 /