skip to main content skip to main menu

Permits, Food, Licensing
~ Kirimana āheitanga, te kai me ngā raihana

knife fork glass

Organisation of an Event

All food services (including pre-packaged) at an event must be registered operators. They could either be a registered mobile shop which enables them to be completely self-contained or registered as a food premises (at another location) and are catering at an event. The only exception is when a non-profit making organisation sets up an occasional food stall for fundraising.

Types of Registration:

Any operation involved in the preparation and sale of food at the event MUST HAVE one of the following:-

  1. A current certificate of registration under the Food Act 2014, with any territorial local authority.
  2. A food safety programme, food control plan or risk management plan for the operation, given by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI).

If a stall holder has one of the above, provide all of their details on the spreadsheet provided. Any other groups wishing to have a food stall (e.g. fundraising cake stall or BBQ) must complete the ‘Application to Operate a Food Stall at an Event’ form.

 In all cases the Event Organiser is responsible for ensuring that these guidelines are adhered to.

 To do this, gather the appropriate information from stalls already registered and complete all fields of the spreadsheet form and / or provide information to those who are unregistered and wish to sell food and get them to fill out the ‘Application to Operate a Food Stall at an Event’ form. Once you have the required information and all of the forms have been returned to you, these are to be sent to the Environmental Health Officer at the Central Hawke's Bay District Council so they can be recorded on file, and also so that they can be used when inspections take place at the event.

 A minimum of 10 working days prior to the event is required for these forms to be delivered. 

  • Premises registered with the Central Hawke's Bay District Council need only quote their reference number on the form (e.g. FP0001)
  • Read conditions and requirements for the stall holder

Information on Hawkers, Pedlars, Itinerant Traders, Street Stall, Vehicle Stands, Advertising Signs and Amusement Devices and Shooting galleries can be obtained by emailing Council or phone on +64 6 857 8060

Related Pages

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the Central Hawke's Bay District Council information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 887 8060 / Fax: +64 6 857 7179