Workshops, Conferences & Classes
Find out what Workshops, Conferences & Classes are on in Hawke's Bay, Napier, Hastings, Central Hawke's Bay and Wairoa.
Health & Safety Management
Modern effective H&S management relies on a systematic approach. New Zealand Safety Standard 4801 describes the core elements of an H&S system.
This course will introduce you to those core elements and help you with strategies to encourage active worker and manager involvement in your workplace.
In order to motivate people in H&S, you need a solid infrastructure to support you. The course is also ideal background if you are preparing to undertake an audit like the ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices (WSMP).
- Your legal duties as a PCBU, officer, worker
- Health & Safety, Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Compensation legislation
- The importance of other requirements/assistance, e.g., regulations and Codes of Practice
- The core systems elements that will help you assess health and safety performance in your workplace
- Information systems - accident and notifiable event reporting; risk and hazard management
- Induction, training, supervision and verification of competency
- Effective engagement and worker participation systems
- Task procedures and task observation in your workplace
Your learning outcomes:
- How to set up and support a quality compliant Health & Safety system
- How to find all the supporting information you need to remain compliant
- How to help your workers and managers get the best out of your workplace Health & Safety system
- Begin to prepare your workplace for an independent Health & Safety audit
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date).
To find out more contact - email@example.com.
Phone: 0800 778 776
Tuesday 20 March, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Restrictions: All AgesBuy Tickets »
Phone: 0800 778 776