Workshops, Conferences & Classes
Find out what Workshops, Conferences & Classes are on in Hawke's Bay, Napier, Hastings, Central Hawke's Bay and Wairoa.
Developing an Effective HR Framework - Business Central
Understand your responsibilities from recruitment through to termination.
Managing staff is a fundamental requirement for every manager. Doing so requires skill, expertise and experience, all applied within a framework of processes and procedures that are fair, transparent and legally compliant.
In this one-day course, you'll learn what your responsibilities are as a manager or employer and what you need to be doing to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations as well as upholding the rights of your employees. You will also be provided with examples, templates and guides for the many forms and documents you'll need to make sure you are meeting best practice.
- Recruiting – ensuring your process provides you with the most suitable person for your vacancy.
- Induction – Getting new employees off on the right foot so they know the what where how and why of both their role and your organisation
- Employment Agreements – As the cornerstone of the employment relationship between you and your employee, learn what you must include, such as:
- 90 Day Trial Periods – They are not a blank cheque, and require considerable care and attention to function properly. Discover what your responsibilities as an employer are and what the obligations are for employees
- Human Rights and Privacy – Understand your risks, how to obtain the information you need and how to avoid breaching the Acts.
- Employee Records – Learn which records you must maintain to meet your minimum legal obligations
- Holidays and Leave – Often a daunting topic for employers where accurate execution is essential. Gain a clear idea of how to calculate and manage this complex area and give your employees the assurance that calculations and entitlements are correct.
- Discipline and Performance Issues – Regularly used at the same time these are two quite separate and distinct situations and needed to be treated as such. Find out how they differ and why your approach and processes need to as well.
- Exit Interviews – Maximise the value that these final discussions can provide. With a structured procedure in place, you can discover issues and opportunities that will improve your business performance in the future.
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date).
To find out more contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 5 April, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Restrictions: All AgesBuy Tickets »