Waipawa Building Society Scholarship
Applications are open until October 27, 2017
The Waipawa Building Society Scholarship Trust was established in 1990 by the Waipawa County Permanent Building and Investment Society and is administered by the Central Hawke’s Bay District Council as ‘Custodian Trustee’.
The scholarship is awarded for tertiary education in New Zealand of any person or persons whose place of residence is within the Central Hawke’s Bay District.
The following criteria are taken into consideration when allocating funds to applicants:
- The applicant must be a resident of Central Hawke’s Bay
- The applicant must be intending to attend, or actually attending a course of tertiary education
- The extent to which the applicant will sustain financial hardship by attending the course
- The applicant should be capable of improving their future educational prospects by attendance at the course
- That excepting extreme financial hardship, preference be given to those applicants who have not previously received funds from the Trust
- That excepting special circumstances, preference be given to applicants attending the first year of tertiary education
The Trustees of the Scholarship are:
- Her Worship the Mayor, Central Hawke’s Bay District Council
- Chief Executive, Central Hawke’s Bay District Council
- One Ruataniwha Ward Councillor (appointed by Council)
- Waipawa and Districts Lions Club representative
- Waipukurau Rotary Club representative
For further information on the Waipawa Building Society Scholarship please contact the Trust Secretary. Telephone +64 6 857 8060.