Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund
Applications are currently closed. An application form will be available at the bottom of the page during the application period only.
The Rural Travel Fund is a partnership between Sport New Zealand and local authorities to assist the development of junior sport in rural communities by providing a travel subsidy.
The Rural Travel Fund has been developed to support the participation in sport by young people living in rural communities.
Sport New Zealand have outlined 4 key priorities for rural communities:
- Developing a rural participation strategy
- Distributing a one-off rural travel fund
- Investing in active communities
- Establishing new sport and physical activity coordinators in rural high schools
The rural travel fund is designed to help subsidise travel for junior teams participating in local sport competition.
Application for the Rural Travel Fund is open to rural sports clubs and rural school teams with young people aged between 5 and 19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
The following criteria will be applied:
- A school club team is defined as participating in regular local sport competition out of school time, that excludes inter school and intra school competitions played during school time; and/or
- A sports club team participating in organised, regular sport competition through club membership outside of school time.
Examples of eligible expenses include fuel costs and bus hire.
- Travel to regional or national events is NOT eligible.
Guidelines are available at the bottom of this page
For more information please contact Christine Renata at Central Hawke’s Bay District Council on 857 8060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org