skip to main content

Electoral RollsRārangi pōti

Information on the Electoral Rolls and eligibility to vote.

Electoral Rolls

To vote in a local authority election, you need to be enrolled on either the residential or ratepayer electoral roll.

Copies of the Electoral Roll are available at Central Hawke's Bay District Council, Ruataniwha Street, Waipawa and the Public Libraries in Waipukurau and Waipawa.

Residential Elector

You are eligible to enrol on the residential roll if you:

  • are 18 years of age or older, and
  • are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and
  • have lived in New Zealand continuously, at any time, for one year or more, and
  • have lived at your current address for more than one month.

If you are registered on the parliamentary (electoral) roll, you are automatically enrolled on the local authority residential roll at the address where you live. You do not have to be a ratepayer to qualify for enrolment on the residential roll.

To change your address details you can:

  • complete the appropriate form at any PostShop
  • phone 0800 ENROLNOW (0800 367 656)
  • go to the Elections New Zealand website

Enrol or Check your details

Ratepayer Elector

Ratepayers who are not residents of the Central Hawke's Bay but pay rates on property within the Council's boundaries may be entitled to enrol on the ratepayer roll. Companies, businesses and societies which are ratepayers, may also nominate an elector to vote on their behalf, provided any such elector resides outside the Council's boundaries.

Use the Enrolment Form for Ratepayer Electors below to apply for the ratepayer roll.


Central Hawke's Bay District Council - Copyright © 2019 Central Hawke's Bay District Council

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 857 8060 /