Long Term Plan 2018-28
The Long Term Plan (LTP) is the way the Council can let the community know what it plans to do for the next 10 years when it comes to expenditure and infrastructure investment. It also outlines that infrastructure investment over the next 30 years. It’s how we let you know what work is going to be done , what services will be provided, what the rate impact is going to be and how much we will have to borrow to achieve the outcomes the Council wants to deliver.
The LTP is important because effectively it represents our commitment to the community about how we will spend the funds we have to make our communities better. So we are asking you to get involved and give us feedback. We really need to hear from you so that we can plan for a future that includes all of our community and provide you with all the services you need to be able to thrive now and in the future.
Click here for the LTP Consultation Document. You can access the Supporting Information for the Consultation Document at the bottom of the page.
Have Your Say Meetings
Come and talk to us at one of our Have Your Say events. This is the opportunity for you to give feedback in person and be heard by the Council.
- There’s no need to register or pre-book
- There’s no need to make a submission ahead of the event
- People have a chance to hear the views of others as well as saying your own
- Note-takers capture the feedback
- Subject-matter experts are available to answer questions
- Elected members will be present: their role is to listen to the conversation and ask questions to seek understanding
Events will be held in Waipukurau and Waipawa on the following dates from 7pm to 9pm:
CHB Municipal Theatre
Pop Ups with Ivan the Caravan - 3pm-7pm at the following sites:
Come along to get further information and make a submission.
- Wednesday 28 February: Otane Pop Up - by Otane Hall
- Tuesday 6 March: Waipukurau Popup - Ruataniwha St
- Thursday 8 March: Porangahau Popup - Abercromby St, by Hall (Cancelled. To be rescheduled)
- Monday 12 March: Onga Onga Popup - by Community Hall
- Tuesday 20 March: Waipawa Popup - Main St
- Monday 26 March: Takapau Popup - Charlotte St
You can make a submission online or alternatively submission forms are available as part of the Consultation Document, or from the Council office in Waipawa, the Waipawa Library, or the Waipukurau Library.
Please indicate whether you would like to speak to your submission and include contact details. People who wish to be hear by Council will be given the opportunity to do so.
Hearing of submissions will take place on 26 April 2018.
Submissions open on Monday 19 February and close on Thursday 29 March at 5pm.