Governance and Support Officer
- Work in an innovative and dynamic workplace
- Experience the benefits of growing your career in Central Hawke's Bay, a stunning environment and community
Central Hawke's Bay District Council is focused on working in partnership with their community to ensure that CHBDC is a thriving district, with efficient and appropriate infrastructure, services and regulatory functions. To enable this, they are instilling a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to add real value to their communities.
As part of this renewed focus, the role of Governance and Support Officer will support the wider Council to deliver community engagement and good governance that CHBDC is working to deliver to their community. This full time role will operationally coordinate the Governance Support for the Council and ensure excellence in community engagement is provided to the Council and community.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Governance support for all Council meetings
- Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act compliance
- Assistance with Policy development including research and recommendation of policy wording
- Assistance with proactive and genuine Community Engagement including management of submissions
- Deputy Electoral Officer for Council elections
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar role at this level in a local authority and demonstrate these key attributes:
- Ability to engage with people across the organisation
- Politically astute
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated
- Flexibility in approach to work requirements
- Well-developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Commitment to professionalism in work and attitude
- Ability to organise work, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven history of achievement and/or innovation in key accountabilities
An application pack is available below or by contacting Council on 06 857 8060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the compulsory application form when applying for this position, in addition to forwarding your CV and covering letter.
Applications close 5.00 pm Friday 19th January 2018.