The Central Hawke’s Bay District Council is a Local Authority in the thriving Hawke’s Bay Region, situated in Waipawa approximately 40km south of Hastings.
We are committed to providing a safe and great place to work, that values diversity and inclusion, and develops skilled people who can lead our community to thrive.
We are seeking a mover and shaker, to join our innovative and thriving Council team, as the new Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant is accountable for providing administrative and workflow support to both the Chief Executive and Mayor. This is full-time (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday.
The roles of Chief Executive and Mayor are complex, time pressured, broad and political. The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact, which ensures effective management of their offices.
The Executive Assistant must possess the skills necessary to liaise and communicate, with both the executive and political arms of local government and the tact, diplomacy and professionalism to work with highly sensitive and confidential information.
The main tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative and support services to CE and Mayor including:
- First point of contact for queries
- Processing correspondence
- Coordinating meetings, agendas, taking minutes and updating actions
- Liaising with elected members
- Coordinating travel and accommodation
- Processing invoices
- Managing relationships with key external stakeholders, on behalf of CE and Mayor
- Assist in coordinating civil and council engagements, functions and ceremonies
- Providing support to Customer Services developing partnerships within the organisation to meet customer needs
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience working in a senior administration role, event management or public relations
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills – can effectively communicate with a variety of people
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of others; including tact, empathy and helpfulness
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and timeframes
- High ability using Microsoft Office
- Politically astute
- A knowledge of local government processes, this is helpful, but not critical for the role
- A current Driver’s Licence
To be successful in this role, you will also need to share the Council’s THRIVE values and its commitment to customer excellence and smarter thinking.
Please include your CV and Cover Letter with your application on Seek.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Only applicants, who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.