Customer Service Officer
The Central Hawke’s Bay District Council is a Local Authority in the thriving Hawke’s Bay Region, situated in Waipawa approximately 40km south of Hastings.
We are committed to providing a safe and great place to work, that values diversity and inclusion, and develops skilled people who can lead our community to thrive.
We are now seeking a Customer Service superstar to join our innovative and thriving Council team.
To be successful in this role, you will bring your proven ability to provide customers with a positive first impression by giving them clear information and solutions and working collaboratively with the team to make every interaction count. You will be used to working under pressure, be comfortable juggling several things at once, have an ability to turn your hand to a variety of jobs and enjoy a challenge. Most importantly you will be recognised as an ambassador for customer experience in your current and previous roles.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Lead, this role is accountable for providing a solutions-focussed service to help our customers to engage with Council. This role is part-time (16 hours per week) on Thursday and Friday, with the opportunity to work additional days if cover is required.
The main tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a friendly first point of contact for our customers.
- Confidently handling customer enquiries and offering solution based support.
- Taking payments from customers for Council-related activities.
- Developing partnerships within the organisation to meet customer needs.
- Following-up on customer enquiries with relevant Council staff to ensure the customer is getting the best service we can provide.
- Continuously assessing and improving processes in order to provide the most helpful and efficient customer service.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Friendly, composed, patient and resilient nature
- A talent for multi-tasking with a positive, ‘can do' attitude!
- A desire to improve, be results focused and actively respond to feedback
- Highly effective communication and questioning skills
- Confidence interacting and communicating with a diverse range of people
- An ability to engage with each caller to really understand their needs
- A knack for problem solving and thinking on your feet
- Ability to learn and transition to new technologies
- Ability to clearly and accurately convey the right information
- Ability to be agile and adjust well to change
- A current Driver’s Licence
To be successful in this role, you will also need to share the Council’s THRIVE values and its commitment to customer excellence and smarter thinking.
Please include your CV and Cover Letter with your application via Seek.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the right to work in New Zealand.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 26 August 2018.