Requests for Official Information
Requests for Official Information should be addressed to the:
Central Hawke's Bay District Council
PO Box 127
or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Attention Chief Executive, Local Government Official Information Act Request" in the subject line.
These requests are made in accordance with the following legislation.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL INFORMATION AND MEETINGS ACT 1987
PART 2 - REQUESTS FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION HELD BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES
- (1) Any person may request any local authority to make available to that person any specified official information.
- (2) The official information requested shall be specified with due particularity in the request.
- (3) If the person making the request asks that that request be treated as urgent, that person shall give that person's reasons for seeking the information urgently.
12. Transfer of requests
- (a) A request in accordance with section 10 of this Act is made to any local authority; and
- (b) The information to which the request relates
- (i) Is not held by that local authority but is believed by the person dealing with the request to be held by another local authority or a Department or Minister of the Crown or organisation; or
- (ii) Is believed by the person dealing with the request to be more closely connected with the functions of another local authority or a Department or Minister of the Crown or organisation,- the principal administrative officer of the local authority to which the request is made, or an officer or employee authorised by that principal administrative officer, shall promptly, and in no case later than 10 working days after the day on which the request is received, transfer the request to the other local authority, or the appropriate Department, Minister of the Crown, or organisation, and inform the person making the request accordingly.
13. Decisions on requests
- (1) Subject to this Act, the local authority to which a request is made in accordance with section 10 of this Act, or is transferred in accordance with section 12 of this Act or section 14 of the Official Information Act 1982, shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, and in no case later than 20 working days after the day on which the request is received by that local authority,-
- (a) Decide whether the request is to be granted and,if it is to be granted, in what manner and for what charge (if any); and
- (b) Give or post to the person who made the request notice of the decision on the request.
- (2) Any charge for the supply of official information under this Act shall not exceed the prescribed amount.
- (3) Where no such amount is prescribed, any charge fixed shall be reasonable, and regard may be had to the cost of the labour and materials involved in making the information available and to any costs incurred pursuant to a request of the applicant to make the information available urgently.
- (4) The local authority may require that the whole or part of any charge be paid in advance.
- (5) Where a request in accordance with section 10 of this Act is made or transferred to a local authority, the decision on that request shall be made by the principal administrative officer of that local authority or an officer or employee of that local authority authorised by that principal administrative officer unless that request is transferred in accordance with section 12 of this Act to another local authority or to a Department, Minister of the Crown, or organisation.
- (6) Nothing in subsection (5) of this section prevents the principal administrative officer of a local authority or any officer or employee of a local authority from consulting a local authority or any other person in relation to the decision that the principal administrative officer or officer or employee proposes to make on any request made to the local authority in accordance with section 10 of this Act or transferred to the local authority in accordance with section 12 of this Act or section 14 of the Official Information Act 1982.
Published Response to Information Requests
Responses to the most recent information requests, of broader interest can be found here.